Skip to main content

Today's thoughts

Yesterday proved a very nice day as Watson was defeated by Keys (both SP and in-play) and Robson (yes I know) beat Kirilenko. Now, I know I'm a massive advocate of auto-laying anything British but Robson was 3.00, which in anybodies language is way too high for a person with her capabilities, on her day. Kirilenko just never got going and Robson played some outstanding stuff.

Today then, Verdasco is probably my stand out bet in the men's. He's playing Benneteau who for some reason the bookie made joint favourite here. The price on Verdasco has already come in 11 ticks form 2.00 (which I got on) and expect it to further fall before the match.

Other intriguing matches will be Slaone Stephens, Robredo-Mahut and Gulbis-Tsonga. Gulbis is 4.33 which I do think is probably too high. Tsonga on his day is awesome, but he can fluctuate between the brilliant and the seemingly can't be arsed. 

Verdasco, 2.00.