Skip to main content

Simona Halep does it AGAIN!! This girl is a punters dream and a top ten superstar.

Halep - a punters' wet dream!
On the 16th June 2013, I wrote this blog post - http://overtheodds.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/morning-thoughts-some-in-depth-halep.html. - in it I highlighted just why I thought Simona Halep would be a world top ten player within a year and why she went off the boil from her stunning early rise. I'm pleased to say I am STILL on track with my predictions.

For the past six months, Simona Halep has been a punters' wet dream. She was seen as little or no threat to the big girls for a long period of time after falling way down the rankings because of a combination of injury and natural physical development which hindered her game. On her way back, bookies and tipsters were still not convinced and it was an absolute pleasure taking her inflated odds each and every time she took the court. But even with recent tournament wins, even with some nice scalps, the bookies and tipsters are still undecided about her.....and it's to their cost.

I have made a personal killing on her over this last few months or so. The latest big money backings have come against Hsieh, Bartoli and Stosur; everyone's darling of the moment. Personally I have backed her with money ranging from £10 to £50, at these varying odds - 1.8, 1.77, 2.42, 2.0, 2.68, 3.35, 2.6, 1.89, 1.79 in these aforementioned matches. In short - she is a MONEY MAKER!

What makes her special in my opinion is the way she just 'works a match out'. I firmly believe she has the groundstrokes to beat anyone. Her serve can be wonky, but she's working hard on it and cites the serve as a favourite shot of hers. What makes her special from a punting point of view is her ability to win from behind, or work out her opponent very quickly if the tactics demand it. She is quite often a slow starter which means her odds get inflated even more by games 2/3 of the match.

She beat Hsieh from a set down to win the next two 6-1 6-2. She beat Bartoli from a set down to win 6-4 6-1. And yesterday was even more of an achievement beating Stosur after the Aussie had the momentum winning the 2nd set 6-4, to win the deciding set 6-2. She is absolute gold at the moment. Her starting price of 2.62 yesterday was miles off the chart. Yes Stosur has been in great form, but Halep has lost just 4 times in 30 matches!

Moreover, and apart from the silly betting joy that she brings to the table, is her shot at the big time which I think is a real possibility. I rate her, I really do. With her progress like this I'd even stick my neck on the line and say that she is the next big thing.

Comments

Post a Comment