Skip to main content

After the dust has settled it's time to reflect on THAT Froch fight

So I've had time to reflect Froch-Groves II and I have to say that I am delighted that one of the biggest single punts I've had on sports bets landed no problem.

In the run up to the bout, I said all week on Twitter that I could only ever see Carl winning after he learnt the lessons of fight one. Froch had too much on the line in an already fabulous career. But this fight would be the one that compounded his legacy. Froch was around 1.79/1.78 through the build up and I drip fed some money on him the week before, but late money meant that he was around 1.71 come fight night.

I'll admit to umming and arring over it, but in a two horse race with one of those horses having my full confidence, I had to take the plunge; and so I did.

My big concern was the early rounds in which I felt that Groves would once again look to finish things early. However, Froch had other ideas and got his tactics spot on. He kept Groves at arms reach until that defining moment in which he managed to manoeuvre him close enough to land that devastating blow. That was that. Game over. And one punter here walked away with a nice win. Thank you Mr Froch!

Comments