Skip to main content

NBA Finals - Where we stand and a stunning night for Kawhi Leonard

A stunning performance from Kawhi Leonard





So a stunning Spurs victory last night ensured that Pit's Betting is on course to claim some series win money. There will be little doubt that Miami will come out firing for the remaining games after being so comprehensively beaten last night, but my money and confidence in Spurs is well founded I believe.

I took out a £500 punt on San Antonio pre series at 1.75, and after Miami's win in game two, Spurs went out to 2.28 for the series, of which I took a further £200 before last nights match. Even though San Antonio lost game two, I was left with the opinion that they let it slip more than Miami won it. I am also still of the opinion that San Antonio are the better side. They seem to have more energy and appear just fresher than Miami.

So we went into game 3 last night (of which I placed x2 stake on San Antonio +4.5pts) full of confidence, which paid off by the half time buzzer. In truth, although Miami had one of their legendary bursts in the third quarter the damage was well and truly done by then, primarily thanks to my man of the match Kawhi Leonard, who was absolutely sensational. Not only did he score 29 points of which he hit a good number of threes, he marked the giant LeBron well out of most of the game. It was a quite brilliant performance!!

So with San Antonio going 2-1 up, question marks are now firmly in the Miami camp. The Heat won a close game two, but this was a devastating blow in which they will do well to recover from. So, I am still very quietly confident of a Spurs series win. 

Comments