Skip to main content

Simona Halep v Jelena Jankovic (Bet 13)

WON
WTA Rome, @2pm.
£20, Simona Halep, 2.38 (MarathonBet)

Halep's recent surge in form has been nothing short of remarkable. She beat Radwanska, and then yesterday beat Vinci, two very impressive scalps. She has a good first serve, good solid ground strokes, can vary the tempo of the game and doesn't seem to miss much. I really do think that this is a key match for her, can she make the step up from being comfortable early in tournaments to being a big name under the spotlight?

Jankovic dismantled Li Na in epic style yesterday, but Na was truly atrocious. And by atrocious, I mean truly, truly atrocious. I think it was something like 60 odd unforced errors and she really did struggle to keep the ball in the court. Jankovic is good, don't get me wrong, but Halep has the staying power, resilience and youth on her side to go the distance in any match. Halep I believe, also has that 'bottle' factor that I look for when betting. She will never give up. I am really looking forward to this match.