Skip to main content

Morning thoughts. Taaahhhhiiittiiii baby

Ended up a bumper day yesterday as the Tahiti-Nigeria game was everything s bettor could dream of. Lumped on over 3.5 goals, then in-play lumped on 2 goals more than the current score for lower stakes throughout (4.5, 5.5, 6.5) before trading a lovely unders position on 7.5, and cashing the last bet out.

There was one incredible balls up though where I managed to corner myself into a position where I overloaded on the originally un-backed player.....work than one out.....I just couldn't believe it. I was basically trying to be way too cute in-play in a market of low liquidity, so it was a massive lesson learned. Anyway, we live and learn. From now on my position will be taken pre or in-play, but no reverse trading after that, it's too risky with the potential to go disastrously wrong.

As for today, I'll be looking at the tennis again. Petrova has come in from evens to around 1.83; I've backed her at 1.91. At the moment this is my only position but I'll be following the games throughout the day.

The British and Irish Lions face the Brumbies today, but I'm staying away. I got stung last time out against the Waratahs (+23.5) points and you never know about effort levels/motivation/player availability on these tour games. If you want a dabble here, the handicap line is around 10 points start to Brumbies.