Skip to main content

Today's betting thoughts

Not much action for me today, feeling a little sombre. Couple of last minutes goals yesterday hit me back to break even from prominent positions and unlikely unders/overs landed when cashed out. That's the name of the game. China I think will beat Uzbekistan in today's international friendly, this is 2.2 with Bet365. Ideally, we'd want an Uzbekistan very early goal, or the game to drift to 0-0 at HT if you plan to get on China in play.

Really looking forward to the tennis action. Sharapova is 1.9 with MarathonBet and that's where my money would go if I was on it. Sharapova has had the harder of the two draws, and that match yesterday with Jankovic will only put her in even better stead I believe if she goes a set down. An Azarenka break of Sharapova serve early in the first may be just enough to give you that bit more value if you plan to back Sharapova anyway.

Glamorgan scored over 300 yesterday with the loss of just 5 wickets. They should push on to around 450. One good first innings score from Gloucester though and the draw will then look extremely likely. With no pressure of a run-chase and perfect batting conditions, the draw at 1.8 on Betfair looks half decent. If you fancy Glamorgan to knock over Gloucetershire though, then 1.77 also looks tempting, personally I think the former has more chance of landing.

In the other tennis match, then the only viable hope is that Williams goes a set down against Errani. Even then you may only get odds of 1.3-1.4 for her to win the match though. A set down and a break down early in the second would be like gold dust, I suggest you take it if that happens.

I also think Armenia U21s will beat Iceland U21s at 2.22 in the youth football qualifiers.