Skip to main content

Thursdy Europa betting preview

Such a fun, fun competition
As everyone knows, this Europa thing is a lottery, but where's the fun in avoiding this little 'gem' of a tournament.

My bets for tonight are as follows.

Zulte Waregem play Kazan at 6.00pm, with the away side having already qualified. Zulte must believe that Wigan will win their game and so the game will have much more importance to the Belgians than the visiting Russians. For this reason, and their very good home record, I'm going to take Zulte -0.25 at 2.14.

PAOK play Alkmaar, and with nothing on the match really (without fully knowing if top or 2nd makes any great difference) I can't have Alkmaar a goal worse off in a nothing match, so I'll be looking to back those at 1.98 +1 goal advantage.

I'm also going to have a bit of a flutter on Lazio tonight. Klose is back in the Lazio squad, and I believe goals will fly in. The over 2.5 at evens looks delicious and I'm also backing Lazio to score two goals at 1.80.

The final bet of the night will be because I believe the line is too high. Tottenham play Anzhi, and again with both sides qualified I'd imagine this is purely a damage limitation exercise with regards to getting the match over and done with. Anzhi are very rugged and determined and have gone unders in their last eleven matches. With the extra bit of security in the 3 goals, I'm hoping this game will be a shocker and a low scorer too.

EDIT 2.35pm. I also want to add Fiorentina v Dnipro, Fior at 1.90. 

Comments