Skip to main content

Morning thoughts

Ian Evans threw away a 3-0 lead,  4-3 lead and then choked when in the reds in the deciding frame yesterday in a bitter loss to Mark Selby. A couple of tennis bets later and things were going wonky, before a couple of later day trades almost even things out. Overall, a pretty bad day. One up already today though when 'No more goals' landed between USA and Belize after the USA went 6-1 up (at 2.25)

So where are the openings today? I'm going to take a punt on England in the First Test against the Australians. They are currently priced at 1.92, and with no weather issues around, we should see a a result. I don't care what the Australians bring to the party, I don't rate them and I think they'll struggle. The toss could be quite crucial as England, if they win it, could really put the Aussies under the pump straight away and put a decent score on the board. Never under-estimate the first sessions of the series as a barometer for going forward.

In the J League I'm going for the home side Omiya v Nagoya at 2.22. Omiya are top and will look to bounce back to winning ways after a draw last game. Nagoya haven't won away for 8 matches.

There's tennis on and the Aussie Open snooker, so there may be some opportunities there. One thing I want to pick up on is the market over-reaction to Simona Halep's recent success. She was around 1.09 yesterday and is around 1.07 today. To be honest, these odds are pathetic. Yes she's good, yes she's a form horse, but 1.07!?! I think after my gold run with her it may be time to oppose her soon.