Skip to main content

EPL betting preview


Here's the lay of the land with today's EPL games. Tottenham v Chelsea and I really fancy 0-0 Half Time game state. Last season Spurs scored 72% of their goals at home in the second half. Chelsea under Mourinho could be a little cautious first up too. I don't know, but the feeling I get with early kick offs in the Premier League is that there is lethargy all round, so it may take a while to get going. HT score 0-0 is 2.92, and I'm happy to take that.

Villa v City and I think a goal and a half would have tempted me for the home side, so I'll pass as the line is set at +1.

Fulham v Cardiff and I think this is a huge test for Fulham. Fulham have had the history behind them of being exactly what they say on the tin; they beat teams they are supposed to and lose to teams they are supposed to. However, there is pressure on them this year and the crowd are already getting on the managers back. There could be tension. Cardiff at +0.5 are 1.86 and it is tempting me. I think I'll leave it open to you, and I'll make a decision closer to kick off.

Big Sam normally gets his tactics spot on and will play the cards he's dealt against the bigger sides. Over 2.5 goals is 2.40 and I'm going to brave and back this. Both sides will have to target some games even this early in the season and this is one that West Ham will think they can win which may trigger a goal rush should any team concede early.

If you had given me closer to +2 for West Brom I'd have gone in, but I think I'll leave the United game alone.

I'm uncomfortable calling anything in the Southampton match, their odds are too low to back with confidence but alternatively on their day they may blow Palace away.

Swansea v Arsenal BTTS is the obvious shout here and the bookies have covered it. I'm tempted by the half with most goals though, the first may be a low scorer as Swansea, and even Arsenal, may look to play long periods of possession football. The second half may open up and so the half with most goals 2nd is looking decent at evens.

Suggestions
Tottenham v Chelsea. 0-0 HT, 2.92
Fulham v Cardiff. Cardiff +0.5, 1.86.
Hull v West Ham. Over 2.5 goals, 2.40.
Swansea v Arsenal. 2nd half most goals, 2.00.

Comments