Skip to main content

Sunday's betting preview

NO MORE bank of Liverpool!!
Wow....some days you can't see the wood from the trees and others it's about as crystal as crystal (I hope). Some of these prices you need to snap up ASAP I really believe.

Yesterday was one topsy turvy day. Villa beat Man City and West Brom beat Man United two results which I'm sure you'll agree were unlikely picks before kick off. A mixed back which saw profit from out suggestions, in which I was particularly annoyed with Spurs-Chelsea 0-0 HT state not coming in (was confident) and pleased with Swansea-Arsenal most goals second half. It's a market I may very well use more often for Swansea with their possession style football.

Anyway, onto today and there's a huge list of selections to choose from, my biggest day ever in terms of selections. This could go bad!

Cercle Brugge v Standard Liege and the away side who are flying at the top are 1.90 to cover -1. So that's my first suggestion. They have scored 18 goals and conceded just three, so I've favouring a 0-2, 1-3 type score.

Stoke are evens to beat Norwich and I think that's fair enough. Hughton is under pressure and it may be starting to translate to the players. It's indeed better that they are away from home today but I think Stoke will have enough to see them off.

I'm going to town on this Liverpool match. They have been known as the bank of Liverpool for a reason in the past in that they have always won money for those opposing them consistently. They missed a shed load against United, good chances, it's unlikely that they'll have the same amount of shots today and come away with little success. The win is 1.72, which I'm on. The AH line is -0.75, which I'm on and can I see over 2.5 goals.....yeah possibly.

Reims v Monaco, and the away side are 1.74 to win. If you fancy it and are a little more adventurous then you could get Monaco on the line at 1.93 (-0.75).

Bremen v Nurnberg and I'm jumping at evens for the home side. Nurnberg haven't won a match yet and look to be in all sorts of trouble already. Bremen need to get going no doubt, but odds of evens I can't refuse. Braunschweig v Stuttgart is a similar proposition, surely the away side will have too much power at evens to brush away the relegation candidates?

This is the first time ever I'm having an almost clean sweep of the Italian matches too! Only Verona v Livorno I don't fancy calling. It's long enough already this preview, so I'll run through these quickly. Quite simply, Juventus -1 at 1.87 v Torino looks appealing. so too does Udinese +0AH 1.96, Inter 2.06 and Lazio 2.02. Sassuolo may have already had their FA Cup moment v Napoli and Lazio may be in the hunt for goals today. I'd also take Lazio 2 goals or more at 2.06. And something is forcing me to back Bologna on the line at +1.5 (1.91). They can be quite stubborn at times, and I can see them losing by the odd goal.

In Spain I'm looking at 3/4 games. Osasuna v Levante and I'm calling Levante -0.25 at 2.04, Celta Vigo to beat Elche at 1.94, and there to be Both teams scoring in Betis v Villareal. That's at around 1.70.

In the tennis, Joao Sousa plays Benneteau in the Malaysian Open Final. Sousa +3.5 games at 1.99 is the shout here. The pre match money is on Benneteau 3.1 to 1.46 but the Frenchman is renowned for bottling. Will he bottle again? Sousa is playing some great stuff at the moment so it should be a great final.

The other match I'm fancying is Chanelle Scheepers v Sabine Lisicki. Lisicki is the obvious favourite, but she hasn't played a great deal of tennis of late, and I'm not sure just turning up in Beijing and expecting to tee off is such a great idea. Scheepers to cover +4.5 games looks a good shout to me anyway, and that's where I would have put some money.

And that's it. A tump of bet suggestions, take your pick if you wish. 

Suggestions
Cercle v Standard. Standard -1, 1.90.
Stoke v Norwich. Stoke, 2.00.
Sunderland v Liverpool. Liverpool, 1.72.
Sunderland v Liverpool, Liverpool -0.75, 1.87.
Sunderland v Liverpool. Over 2.5 goals, 2.02.
Reims v Monaco. Monaco, 1.74.
Bremen v Nurnberg. Bremen, 2.00. 
Braunschweig v Stuttgart. Stuttgart, 2.00.
Torino v Juventus. Juventus -1, 1.87.
Atalanta v Udinese. Udinese +0, 1.96.
Cagliari v Inter. Inter, 2.06.
Sassuolo v Lazio. Lazio, 2.02.
Sassuolo v Lazio. Lazio 2 goals or more, 2.06.
Roma v Bologna. Bologna +1.5, 1.91.
Osasuna v Levante. Levante -0.25, 2.04.
Celta Vigo v Elche. Celta Vigo, 1.94. 
Betis v Villareal. BTTS, 1.70. 
Sousa v Benneteau. Sousa +3.5 games, 1.99. 
Lisicki v Scheepers. Scheepers +4.5 games, 1.96.

Comments